Thursday, September 15, 2005

Yay Mother Earth and Indian Food!

So I decided today that I am really a big fan of mother earth. Not that I haven't always been, but I appreciated all that she has to offer today (aka... dirt, water, weeds, grass) for about 5 hours... Ha, ok so I really did have fun volunteering to help clean up the Swan River with other curtin volunteers friends. We spent the afternoon outside in beautiful "winter" weather (cough cough... sunny and 70) weeding and planting to help keep the river clean. Plus, we got free muffins and cookies and well... that just made the entire trip worth it. Especially since they were blueberry muffins. Ok but seriously guys, mother earth is a cool chick so recyle ok? And pull weeds once in a while or plant stuff.

Another new experience was Indian food with Mville and Rob and Ben. First of all, for those of you who saw "dinner date" in my away message... it was not an actual date. That was just a phrase I used to tell all of you compulsive away message checkers that I was simply out to dinner with 3 good friends. There was no "date" involved. Anyway, so Rob and Ben have been to this Indian food place down by the Bell Tower in Perth and it was amazing. It's a buffet style dinner of authentic indian food where all the money they make goes to charity. You pay what YOU feel your meal is worth, and since it all goes to charity, most people feel there dinner is worth a lot more than it really is. Not being a huge fan of spicy food, I was not a huge fan of the actual meal... although I must admit, it was better than I expected and there really was no need to actually "worry" about if I'd enjoy dinner or not. When one does not like spicy food at Indian, might I suggest eating lots of rice and the yummy yogurty type drink. I really have no idea what it actually was, but it wasn't spicy so that made it my favorite part of dinner. Anyway, over dinner Mville and I basically listened to Ben and Rob talk about all of their amazing travels across the world. They have actually been to India which was fitting. Listening to their stories of all these travels makes me restless to get out and see more of the world. It's so big and I've seen so little of it. My new goal is to develop a plan to see the rest. All of it I think. Ok... maybe not Iraq or Afghanistan b/c I doubt those guys would be friendly towards me. Everyhwere else though.

Just want to say yay flat 36 for having a kick ass first ever flast dinner. Ok, so the whole flat wasn't really here, but we picked up some strays and still had a great time. Juwita and Steph... you guys are awesome. Dinner was amazing. Glad I could help with the salad and pre-sliced chocolate chip cookies. ;) Way to be real cooks and make amazing Asian food. I love you guys... and your food.

Ok... other quick updates. Sadly, the Blue Dragons lost our netball game this week in the rain and cold. Being sick (STILL) and having no voice didn't help, BUT we did win team of the week because we had the greatest costume theme. I've never even heard of a Bogan before, but that's what we were... aka: bums. Ha. Ben looked oh so hot in his blue wig, winter hat, flannel shirt and whatever the hell else he was wearing. It was great fun though and our team looked fantastic. This is Ben dressed as a Bogan. Hot yes? Hahaha. We all make great bums. Something to be oh so proud of! Also, as long as the weather holds up this weekend I'm off white water rafting down the Avon river. Should be pretty sweet!

Hope all is well with everyone back home. :) That's it for now folks. You stay classy.

Kate

No comments: